Freeplay Encore Player with MP3
The Encore Player is a solar and dynamo powered multi-band radio, mobile phone charger, MP3 player and recorder designed for use in off-grid communities by small and larger groups of people. Often used by the humanitarian sector for distance education.
Powered by a solar panel and a fail-safe winding mechanism the Encore Player has outstanding speaker quality and can deliver educational or informational content anytime anywhere.
The Freeplay Encore Player has a broad range of features based on what users said that they wanted.
- FM: 88-108 MHz
- AM (MW): 500-1700 kHz
- SW1: 3-10 Mhz
- SW2: 10-22 Mhz
- SD Card Player - Store 125 audiobooks on a single 32GB SD card.
- Pre-set or locally recorded content can be used.
- Store up to 32GB of pre-loaded content in any subject or language.
- Radio or live voice recordings for playback later
- Outstanding speaker quality - 5 Watts
- Electricy independent using solar or wind-up technology
- Mobile phone charging - USB 5V 400mA charging cable and phone tips Note: To charge an iPhone you will need a V3511- FUSB connector
- Supports distance education
- In-build reading light - Bright LEDs (2 x 50,000 hours life)
- Anytime MP3 Playback
- LCD digital display for ease of use
- 2 watt external solar panel with 3m cord
- Integrated solar panel
- Integrated mobile phone charger
Manual Power Self-charge via crank handle
- 1 minute winding provides:
- 30 minutes radio playback at low volume
- 20 minutes radio playback at higher volume
- 50 minutes of light at economy setting
- 25 minutes of light on bright setting
- 32GB SD card
- Storage for 125 audiobooks (on SD card)
- Preset or locally recorded content usable
- Record directly from radio
- Voice recording directly to SD card
Fully charged battery
- Fully charging the Encore Player battery will take approximately 6 to 8 hours using the external solar panel
- A fully charged battery will operate the Encore Player for 30 hours on low volume and 10 hours at high volume
- To charge the battery via Adaptor/DC will take approximately 5 hours
External 2W Solar Panel
- 1 hour in the sun provides energy for approximately 6 to 8 hours of radio playtime at medium volume.
- 1 hour in the sun provides energy for approximately 8 hours of light on bright setting and 12 to 14 hours on economy setting.
- Player should be powered by the external solar panel for optimum solar performance in solar conditions
- 1 minute winding provides energy for 45 to 60 minutes of radio playtime at low volume and 30 minutes at higher volume.
- 1 minute winding provides energy for 60 minutes of light at economy setting and 30 minutes on bright setting
Mobile Phone Charging
- 1 hour in the sun (external 2W panel) provides energy for approximately 20 minutes of talk time.
- 1 minute of winding provides energy for approximately 3 minutes of mobile phone talk time, and several hours of standby time (smart phones use more power so these will reduce).
- It will take approximately 3 hours of sunlight (external panel) to recharge a standard mobile phone
Dimensions of Gift Box
- Length: 157mm
- Depth: 138mm
- Height: 293mm
- Weight: 1601g