Freeplay Encore Primary Radio
The Encore™ Primary/Player/Digital Radio. The latest radio in the humanitarian sector. Great sound for large group listening, sensitive reception and a clear easy to read format makes these radios the best in class.
- Analogue FM/AM/SW -FM: 88-108 MHzAM (MW): 500-1700 kHz SW1 3-10 Mhz SW2 10-22 Mhz
- Crank charging - The radio will play for approx 30 minutes (minimum) at normal volume per 30-second wind at 130 RPM
- Integral and detachable solar panels • Failsafe winding mechanism
- Dual lighting - Two ultra-bright LEDs are fitted into lenses in the frequency window. When switched on these LEDs illuminate an area in front of the radiofor tasks or reading.
- Mobile phone charging either via a standard USB or to generic 6V 400mA, current limited phone protocols. Note: To charge an iPhone you will need a V3511 FUSB connector
- DC adaptor charging - The radio may also be used to power or recharge another device.
- 10cm, 5 W, 8-ohm loudspeaker
- FM and SW: User replaceable 680mm flexible steel wire antenna. AM (MW): Internal extra length ferrite rod antenna
- Self - Charge :
A large glass-reinforced nylon handle with comfortable knob harnesses human energy by cranking. The handle is connected to the high efficiency 3-phase alternator via a rugged transmission. Spur gears co-moulded with dissimilar materials give optimum gear meshing. The alternator has an 8W to 10W (electrical, continuous) rating, which is double the power generated by the average user. Over-vigorous winding will not damage the radio and in fact all the generated power will be conserved and stored.
- Solar Panel :
Both integrated and external solar panel options are available. A polycrystalline 5V 30mA solar panel is integrated into the rear of the radio. An optional accessory 5V 50mA solar panel with a 2-metre nylon-filament-reinforced cord attaches to the rear quadrant of the radio for storage.
- Power Management :
A rechargeable NiMH 3 or 4 cell battery pack stores energy. An automatic low-voltage cut-out senses when the battery has reached a low discharge state and isolates the battery from its load. This prevents a damaging over-discharge of the battery. The radio will play for approx 30 minutes at normal volume per 30-second wind at 130 RPM
- Lighting :
The Encore has an optional lighting feature. Two ultra-bright LEDs are fitted into lenses in the frequency window. When switched on these LEDs illuminate an area in front of the radio for tasks or reading.
- Mobile Phone Charging :
The radio's power generation system may be used to charge a mobile phone. This power output is configured to standard USB protocol.
- Other Charging Option :
The radio may be recharged by a DC adaptor. The radio may also be used to power or recharge another device.
- Speaker :
4-inch, 5 W, 8-ohm loudspeaker
- Antenna :
FM and SW: User replaceable 680mm flexible steel wire antenna. AM (MW): Internal extra length ferrite rod antenna
- Frequencies :
- FM: 88-108 MHz
- AM (MW): 500-1700 kHz
- SW1 3-10 Mhz
- SW2 10-22 Mhz
- Dimensions :
- Height: 257mm
- Width: 127mm
- Depth: 108mm
- Weight: 1080g