Voltaic 12W Portable Solar Charging Kit with V44 Battery - V12WK
Voltaic 12 Watt Solar Charger Kit
- Charge your tablet and DSLR camera fast! Two rugged, lightweight and waterproof solar panels combine to output 12 Watts at either 6 or 12 Volts. Keep the panels loose or attach to any thin material to build your own high-powered solar charger.
- Charge tablets and handheld electronics via the V44 USB battery.
- Charge digital cameras via optional car charger socket and a camera cradle (no battery needed, set output to 12V).
- 2 x 6W Voltaic Portable Solar Panels
- 1 x 2 Panel Circuit Box
- 1 x 3.5x1.1 to 5.5x2.1 to connect panels to circuit box
- 1 x V44 Portable Battery
6 Watt Panel Specifications (single panel)
- Dimensions: 220 x 175 x 5mm
- Mass: 241 g
- Substrate: 3 mm Aluminum/Plastic
- Cell Type: Monocrystalline
- Cell Efficiency: 18%
- Open Circuit Voltage: 7.0 V
- Peak Voltage*: 6.0 V
- Peak Current*: 975 mA
- Peak Power: 5.85 W
- Connector: 3.5x1.1 mm plug
- Mount: 4 stainless steel bolts
*Panel output is computed based on cell manufacturer's data assuming 0% reduction of cell efficiency after packaging of cell strings. Electrical output tolerance +/- 10%. Under irradiance of 100 mW/cm2, absolute air mass of 1.5, at 25 °C, as per cell manufacturer's specifications.
Applications and Charge Times
This kit is ideal for charging larger tablets that charge from USB like the iPad with Retina. If the AC charger for your tablet outputs more than 5V, you need one of the Voltaic laptop kits. This kit also works well for professional digital camera charging.
Approximate Charge Time from two 6 Watt Panels**
- Voltaic V39 Battery: 8 hours
- Smartphone via Voltaic battery: 2 hours
- iPad 2 via Voltaic battery: 8 hours
- Digital Camera (directly from solar panels): 2-3 hours
**For maximum power output, orient the panels towards the sun. When not angled towards the sun, output will be reduced. Dirt and scratches on the face of the panels will reduce the amount of light hitting the solar cells. Clean the panels with a damp non-abrasive cloth. Charge times are estimated based on optimal conditions and may increase in cloudy weather, high temperatures, or when panels are not angled towards the sun.