BioLite Campstove that generates electricity!
- Forget the fuel.
- Charge your gadgets.
- Support a better world.
The heat from the fire generates electricity via a thermoelectric generator to power a fan creating airflow for improved combustion. Surplus electricity is sent to the USB port for charging devices.
No fuel to buy or carry
Our stoves cook your meals with nothing but the twigs you collect on your journey, eliminating the need for heavy, expensive, polluting petroleum gas. Quick to light, fast to boil and easy to use.
Charge your gadgets
By converting heat from the fire into usable electricity, our stoves will recharge your phones, lights and other gadgets while you cook dinner. Unlike solar, BioLite CampStove is a true on-demand source.
By using renewable resources for fuel instead of petroleum, you're reducing your carbon footprint. You'll also keep fuel canisters out of the landfill.
The CampStove isn't just for camping; it's great to have on hand when the power goes out in a storm or other natural disasters. You'll be able to cook and keep electronics charged while power lines are down.
Support a better world
We're using the same technology inside the CampStove to bring clean, safe energy access to families across the developing world.
Like a campfire, you can sit around the CampStove and watch the flames dance as you roast marshmallows and tell stories with friends.
Packed Size: 21 x 12.7cm
Weight: 935 grams
- Fuel Renewable biomass (twigs, pinecones, wood pellets, etc.)
- Fire Power Output Peak: 3.4 kW (LO), 5.5 kW (HI)
- USB Power Output Max continuous: 2W @5V, Peak: 4W @5V
- Compatible Devices Powers most USB-chargeable devices including smartphones.
- Charging Time iPhone 4S (2G): 20 minutes of charging provides 60 minutes of talk time. Charging times vary by device and by strength of fire.
- Boil Time 4.5 minutes to boil 1 liter of water. Varies based on strength of fire.
- Fuel Quantity 1.6oz (46g) of wood to boil 1 L of water
In the box:
- BioLite Stove
- Stuff Sack
- USB Cord (for internal battery charging)
Note: Most devices come with specific charging tips.
In an effort to reduce waste, charging cables for devices are not included.
How it works
Using BioLite's patent-pending thermoelectric technology, BioLite Stoves convert heat to electricity that powers a fan to make the fire ultra-efficient. Extra electricity can be used to charge small electronics like mobile phones and LED lights.